[Vision2020] Let's get *all* the facts right . . .

Benjamin Nieuwsma Brnieuwsma@softhome.net
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:18:54 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C35C3E.D02577B0

My dear madam,

You write most eloquently, however, please answer the objections, don't =
merely call them names. (so far your argumentation has been along the =
lines of the ad hominem fallacy)

Cheers!

Benjamin

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Melynda Huskey=20
  To: John Moss ; vision2020=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:19 PM
  Subject: [Vision2020] Let's get *all* the facts right . . .

  Dear colleagues,

  I have no disposition to linger on John Moss's odd preoccupation with =
anal sex except to note that there is no sexual practice limited to =
same-sex couples, nor yet any sexual practice which is universal among =
them.  Epidemiology has marched on since the early 80s, too; more recent =
studies might yield more apposite information about the risks of sex =
generally.

  Jacob Spencer brings up the old "man marries dog" argument, which =
might be compelling if there were any other circumstance in which one =
could show that dogs were permitted to enter into legal contracts, but =
which is otherwise pure silliness, like most of the rest of his =
argument.

  In the absence of anything more substantial than this, I think it's =
fair to acknowledge another of the impasses that characterize our Vision =
2020 conversations and ask if anyone knows how this rain will affect the =
wheat and lentil harvests . . . and if somebody wants to know by what =
standard, let 'em listen to the Farm Report.

  Melynda Huskey

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C35C3E.D02577B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; =
BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>My dear madam,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>You write most eloquently, however, =
p</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial>lease answer the objections,&nbsp;don't merely call them =
names. (so=20
far your argumentation has been along the lines of&nbsp;the ad hominem=20
fallacy)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Cheers!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Benjamin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmghuskey@hotmail.com =
href=3D"mailto:mghuskey@hotmail.com">Melynda=20
  Huskey</A> </DIV>
title=3Djohnmoss@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:johnmoss@moscow.com">John Moss</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com =
href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, August 05, 2003 =
11:19=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] Let's get =
*all* the=20
  facts right . . .</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Dear colleagues,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I have no disposition to linger on John Moss's odd preoccupation =
with=20
  anal sex except to note that there is no sexual practice limited to =
same-sex=20
  couples, nor yet any sexual practice which is universal =
among&nbsp;them.&nbsp;=20
  Epidemiology has marched on since the early 80s, too; more recent =
studies=20
  might yield more apposite information about the risks of sex =
generally.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Jacob Spencer&nbsp;brings up the old "man marries dog" argument, =
which=20
  might be compelling&nbsp;if there were any other circumstance in which =
one=20
  could show that dogs were permitted to enter into legal contracts, but =
which=20
  is otherwise&nbsp;pure silliness, like most of the rest of his =
argument.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>In the absence of anything more substantial than this, I think =
it's fair=20
  to acknowledge another of the impasses that characterize our Vision =
2020=20
  conversations and ask if anyone knows how this rain will affect the =
wheat and=20
  lentil harvests . . . and if somebody wants to know by what standard, =
let 'em=20
  listen to the Farm Report.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Melynda Huskey</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com">http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C35C3E.D02577B0--