[Vision2020] Let's get *all* the facts right . . .

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:19:40 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C35BA8.0B6D4650

Dear colleagues,

I have no disposition to linger on John Moss's odd preoccupation with ana=
l sex except to note that there is no sexual practice limited to same-sex=
 couples, nor yet any sexual practice which is universal among them.  Epi=
demiology has marched on since the early 80s, too; more recent studies mi=
ght yield more apposite information about the risks of sex generally.

Jacob Spencer brings up the old "man marries dog" argument, which might b=
e compelling if there were any other circumstance in which one could show=
 that dogs were permitted to enter into legal contracts, but which is oth=
erwise pure silliness, like most of the rest of his argument.

In the absence of anything more substantial than this, I think it's fair =
to acknowledge another of the impasses that characterize our Vision 2020 =
conversations and ask if anyone knows how this rain will affect the wheat=
 and lentil harvests . . . and if somebody wants to know by what standard=
, let 'em listen to the Farm Report.

Melynda Huskey

 Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn=
.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C35BA8.0B6D4650

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Dear colleagues,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> =
<DIV>I have no disposition to linger on John Moss's odd preoccupation wit=
h anal sex except to note that there is no sexual practice limited to sam=
e-sex couples, nor yet any sexual practice which is universal among&nbsp;=
them.&nbsp; Epidemiology has marched on since the early 80s, too; more re=
cent studies might yield more apposite information about the risks of sex=
 generally.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Jacob Spencer&nbsp;brings up the=
 old "man marries dog" argument, which might be compelling&nbsp;if there =
were any other circumstance in which one could show that dogs were permit=
ted to enter into legal contracts, but which is otherwise&nbsp;pure silli=
ness, like most of the rest of his argument.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV=
>In the absence of anything more substantial than this, I think it's fair=
 to acknowledge another of the impasses that characterize our Vision 2020=
 conversations and ask if anyone knows how this rain will affect the whea=
t and lentil harvests . . . and if somebody wants to know by what standar=
d, let 'em listen to the Farm Report.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Melynd=
a Huskey</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>&nbs=
p;</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MS=
N Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C35BA8.0B6D4650--