[Vision2020] Dealing with Mr. X

Saundra Lund sslund@moscow.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:44:47 -0700

Mr. Hansen wrote:
"Everybody that has a computer and logs onto the net has an account with
an internet service provider (ISP), be it First Step Internet, AOL, etc.
etc..  Each ISP allows each of its account holders to have a limited
number of e-mail addresses."

Sorry . . . I disagree with that idea.

Unfortunately, I travel more than I'd like & have accounts with a number
of free ISP's around the country that provide free email accounts.  When
I travel, that's what I use:  free.

And, AFAIK, there's no way to tell if someone has something like a
"free" Yahoo! (or Juno or . . . ) email account or a premium Yahoo! (or
Juno or . . . ) account they pay for.  Are you planning on asking for
proof of payment?  The line between "free" and "for a fee" isn't nearly
as clear as some seem to think . . .

JMHO,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke