[Vision2020] Dealing with Doug Spammer

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:48:02 GMT

I agree partially with Mr. Carscallen.  The filtration of "freebie" e-mail
addresses sounds good.  I do not support "grandfathering" or "grandmothering".
This smells like selectivism to me.  Everybody that has a computer and logs
onto the net has an account with an internet service provider (ISP), be it
First Step Internet, AOL, etc. etc..  Each ISP allows each of its account
holders to have a limited number of e-mail addresses.  This would limit the
number of times a subscriber could spam the listserve.

The requirement of a non-"freebie" e-mail address for registration to the
listserve is not selective (by name) and still allows everybody to register.

Just an idea,

Tom Hansen
Moscow,
Idaho