[Vision2020] Lott/Law

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:51:04 -0800

It is my impression that Senator Lott said what was on his mind.  Lott has
been cited before for making racially-toned comments.  What Senator Lott
said at the roasting of Strom Thurmond was not meant to be humorous, but to
relfect his (Lott's) opinions.

After Senator Lott's interview on Black Entertainment Television last night,
several of his constituents were asked if they felt that Lott was being
truthful during the interview.  All of them felt that he wasn't.  Simply put
the man is a racist.  He has every right to be a racist as long as his
decisions do not impact on others.  Oops!  He is the Senate Majority Leader.

Tom Hansen
Moscow