[Vision2020] Lott/Law

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:51:05 -0800

Dear visionaries,

I need to seize the opportunity to agree with Melynda, since they do not
come that often. I agree with her that many of Shakespeare's sonnets are
homoerotic, and that is the kind of poem I had in mind -- a poem
celebrating same-sex love. I did not mean poetry that cruises Bay area
bars, or even poetry that seeks ordination at the hands of Cardinal Law.

And the fact remains, if Lott had read one of those puppies prior to the
aforementioned goosing, our national trauma would be a week behind us
already. In fact, I suggest that he read one now. Let the healing begin!

Cordially,