[CLC-Discussion] 713.346: Time to let Owners in on the party?

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Wed Oct 28 09:55:15 PDT 2020

Can anyone think of a compelling reason why 713.346 should not be amended to add a statutory cause of action (with a right to prevailing party fees) for an Owner who is harmed by a lienor's failure to pay a lower tier lienor?

And..... before anyone types it, yes, I know the owner should be getting all the proper releases in order to give themselves a proper payment defense but in my experience, far more than half of single family residential owners and most small commercial owners, do not get lien releases for progress payments or even final payments.  They usually do if a lender is involved, but not always.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6AD29.9446A350]
Robert E. Doan
Board Certified Construction Attorney
Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
231 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32720
(P) 386-736-7700 | (F) 386-785-1549

Offices In Daytona Beach and DeLand