[CLC-Discussion] Secured creditor

Blaik Ross bross at beauchampco.com
Wed Oct 3 06:13:29 PDT 2012

How about a bond holder?  I am making a performance bond claim against a
surety in liquidation for money damages and they ask on their proof of
claim form if I am a secured creditor.  I answered yes and attached the
bond as the security agreement, but received a letter from their
attorney saying a bond is not a security agreement but an "insurance
policy", therefore my claim is unsecured.  They cited no authority for
the statement.  They said I will have an opportunity later to object to
that classification if I feel otherwise.  Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!