[WSBARP] PR Conflict of Interest Question

Dave Culbertson dculbertson at culbertsonlawoffice.com
Fri Mar 22 13:20:30 PDT 2024

Hi, Listmates.
I have to discuss the topic of preparing a will with a person who I am helping on a separate matter. Not normally my area, so my advice is going to be somewhat general. The person is elderly, and might be entering hospice soon so everything is now fraught (I advised them to think about this some time ago...but they put it off).
One issue is going to be who they would have act as their PR-and they likely don't have a lot of candidates as there are few family members. One candidate I can think of is a real estate agent the person knows and trusts who is helping them sell their house, which would also be the bulk of any estate. The real estate agent would be getting their commission from the sale of the house. If they agreed to take on duties as PR, does this in some way pose a conflict of interest or a problem for probate?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dave Culbertson

The Law Office of Davisson Culbertson