[WSBARP] Re-Recording with Simplifile

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Fri Jun 28 15:49:18 PDT 2024

Dear All:

This morning, I recorded a deed with the King County Recorder using Simplifile.  I received an email notice that it had been recorded.  After it was recorded, I discovered that the legal description in the body of the deed contained an error.  I corrected the deed, annotated the first page as being rerecorded to correct the legal description, and submitted the corrected deed via Simplifile again, along with the appropriate real estate excise tax affidavit.

The rerecorded document was rejected by the King County Recorder.  The stated reason: THIS MUST BE SENT IN PERSON OR BY MAIL. PLEASE INCLUDE THE PREVIOUSLY PAID EXCISE.

I have rerecorded several documents in the past with King County and have never had any of them rejected for this reason.  And, yes, I did include the reference to the previously paid excise tax on the REETA.

Have any of you ever encountered this before?  And I'm talking specifically about requiring that a re-recorded document be sent in person or by mail.

Frustrated on a Friday afternoon.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.