[WSBARP] River Removal Rights

nicole nicole at tephralaw.com
Fri Aug 30 16:05:38 PDT 2024

Please share responses to the list.Thank you!Nicole

Nicole M. Potebnya
Attorney at Law
direct: 360-507-8924

Tephra Law, PLLCP.O. BOX 6550

OLYMPIA, WA 98507
(360) 507-8920Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Haines, Taylor (Perkins Coie)" <THaines at perkinscoie.com> Date: 8/30/24  2:40 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com Cc: "Fahrer, Nathan (Perkins Coie)" <nfahrer at perkinscoie.com> Subject: [WSBARP] River Removal Rights

Listserv members,

A client owns a home adjacent to a river.  The river bank has eroded enough by natural causes that the home fell into the river.  We are wondering who has the right to require removal of the home and/or bring claims for hazardous materials
 entering the river (e.g., asbestos, lead, etc. from the home).

We’re assuming it is the state, but let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Haines
ASSOCIATE

Perkins Coie
1201 Third Avenue Suite 4900
Seattle, WA 98101-3099
+1.206.359.8208
thaines at perkinscoie.com
perkinscoie.com

NOTICE: This communication from Perkins Coie LLP may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing
 the contents. Thank you.