[WSBARP] River Removal Rights

Haines, Taylor (Perkins Coie) THaines at perkinscoie.com
Fri Aug 30 14:39:55 PDT 2024

Listserv members,

A client owns a home adjacent to a river.  The river bank has eroded enough by natural causes that the home fell into the river.  We are wondering who has the right to require removal of the home and/or bring claims for hazardous materials entering the river (e.g., asbestos, lead, etc. from the home).

We're assuming it is the state, but let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Haines
ASSOCIATE

Perkins Coie
1201 Third Avenue Suite 4900
Seattle, WA 98101-3099
+1.206.359.8208<tel:%20+1.206.359.8208>
thaines at perkinscoie.com<mailto:%20THaines at perkinscoie.com>
perkinscoie.com<https://www.perkinscoie.com/>

NOTICE: This communication from Perkins Coie LLP may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.