[WSBARP] Procedure Advice

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Tue Sep 12 15:19:10 PDT 2023

Following up on this thread with a current scenario.  Bob took title to a condo with his parents as follows: “Bob, an unmarried man, and Martha and Dagwood, husband and wife.”  After that, Bob married Jane.  Bob and Jane executed a CPA but did not record it.  The CPA does not specifically identify or even mention the condo or Bob’s interest in it.

Bob died.  I plan to record the CPA and the Death Certificate per WAC 458-61A-202(6)(a).  I understand that will document the transfer of Bob’s interest in title to Jane as his surviving spouse.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

With respect to the need for a REETA, WAC 458-61A-303(2)(a) and 303(3)(g) seem to be at odds with each other:

[cid:image003.png at 01D9E58C.7921CA20]

Question: is a REETA required or not?  Thanks in advance.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.