[WSBARP] Is quiet title only way to clear old lien on mobile home?

Rowley, Rob rob at rowleylegal.com
Wed Sep 6 18:36:26 PDT 2023

I have successfully cleared numerous titles to mobile home titles.  Start
with your local county DOL office to ascertain exactly what the order
should reflect.

I then file a Superior Court action against DOL listing the MH title defect
just ask though you were clearing real estate title where the MH is
located.  I serve the AG's office on behalf of DOL.  Very quickly you get
an AAG in Lacey who appears. My experience is they have all been very
knowledgable and helpful.  They will instantly sign off on your stipulated
judgment/order clearing the MH title.  You then take that certified order
to your local DOL office with a new MH title application and they will
issue a new clear MH title.

Cutting the Gordian Knot.

Rob Rowley
Spokane

On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 3:44 PM Joseph McIntosh <
jmcintosh at mccarthyholthus.com> wrote:

> I’ve done a handful of these.
>

> You can get a quiet title order as to a titled mobile home, but they
> aren’t always that helpful.  The problem is titling goes through DOL.  The
> quiet title order does match any of DOL’s procedures, and you deal with
> employees who just look to procedures, and don’t care about the order, and
> it’s tough to get anywhere without tons of escalations.
>

> If you can get the DOL’s lien release paperwork signed by Chase, as
> successor-in-interest, that would probably be much easier than trying the
> quiet title route.

Robert R. Rowley
W: 509.252.5074
C: 509.994.1143