[WSBARP] ULD 14 day notice to pay or vacate

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Wed Oct 4 14:47:47 PDT 2023

Greetings all, it has been at least a year and probably longer that I have
tried to evict for failure to pay rent as there have been better ways to go
for my client. However, now I have to proceed with failure to pay. I was
reading the current laws under 59.18 and 59.12. I must have missed
something out of the last legislative session. Do we no longer have to
pursue DRC mediation prior to requesting a Writ of Restitution? Or am I
missing something? Which is entirely possible. I practice in Thurston
County, so no local eviction regulations.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 866-4000 phone

(360) 866--3832 fax

www.buddbaylaw.com

COVID POLICY:

*Our firm continues to follow guidance from the CDC and Governor Inslee’s
office regarding social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, and
we encourage the public and our clients to do the same.  Our staff is still
working remotely much of the time so electronic communication by phone and
email continues to be encouraged.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.*