[WSBARP] Small Estate Affidavit

Mario Ledesma, Attorney ledesmalawoffice at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 13:21:32 PDT 2023

Hello Listmates,
I just did a Small Estate Affidavit for a client who met all of the requirements under RCW 11.62.010. I was surprised to learn that when my client provided this documentation to the local private licensing department to transfer a mobile home (gift) to a friend, he said licensing told him they didn't do this and referred him to the county auditor's office.  My client told me when he presented his documentation to the auditor's office they acted like they didn't know what to do and told him to complete an excise tax affidavit which he brought to me.
I've never heard of someone (I surely haven't) having to pay excise tax to transfer a mobile home assessed at $18K.  Also, if the licensing person couldn't transfer this mobile home, who does?  Am I missing something?

Thank you for your assistance.
Regards,Mario Ledesma
LEDESMA LAW OFFICES PLLCLicensed in Washington and OregonP. O. Box 1305 Richland, Washington 99352Tel: 509.946.1248Ledesmalawoffice at aol.com
This communication is private and confidential.  It is intended to constitute an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510. Its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of this message.  This communication contains confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete and destroy all copies of this communication.