[WSBARP] UD and Trials

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:34:44 PST 2023

Listmates, Judge ordered trial within 30 days under RCW 59.18.380 at the show cause hearing.  How is 30 days possible?  Justice Project atty now proposes a discovery schedule stretching into mid-June (with no set time for a trial yet).  (BTW, T is judgment-proof and would love to stay as long as possible.)  If I set for trial for within 30 days there is no time for discovery (which may be a good thing because we have all the documents necessary to prove LL's position).  So, how do you guys have a trial within 30 days and still have discovery for a trial?  Are there special trial or discovery rules somewhere?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D952AC.D0268C20]