[WSBARP] Ejectment? Partition?

Stromberg, Spencer spencer at lucentlaw.com
Fri Jun 9 11:08:26 PDT 2023

I generally agree that avoiding getting stuck with 59.18 is preferrable, in
this case it might be the most expedient way to get the brothers out. Under
RCW 59.18.650, the PR can give a 90-day notice of intent to sell (although
some localities have longer timelines, like Federal Way). As long as the
notice is properly served, the brothers don't have a defense to eviction.
Once they're out, the PR just has to put the house on the market within 30
days to avoid a claim of wrongful eviction. All of that might be quicker
than being on the slow track with an ejectment action.

*Spencer A. W. Stromberg*
Attorney at Law

1403 S. Grand Blvd., Suite 201-S
Spokane, WA 99203-2278

P: 509.455.3713
D: 509.828.4644
F: +1.509.455.3718 (must dial 1 before area code)
E: spencer at lucentlaw.com

lucentlaw.com <https://www.lucentlaw.com/>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/lucentlaw>
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/lucent-law>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/LucentLaw>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential and
may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution, or use of this email
or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify me and delete it from your system.