[WSBARP] PR issues rights to Seller's interest in Real Estate Contract

jgrant at accima.com jgrant at accima.com
Wed Jul 12 13:51:52 PDT 2023

I am assisting in a Probate.  The decedent sold real estate under a RE
contract.  I assume I should do a Seller's assignment of contract and deed
by PR and record it and send to escrow so that then the payment will be sent
by escrow to the 4 heirs.   But I wonder if an assignment of payments would
work, because when the last payment is made, the SWD from decedent to buyer
will be recorded, and buyer will get full title, so maybe a Seller's
assignment and Deed isn't needed?

Same estate is subject to an option to purchase real estate.  I assume PR
can record a seller's assignment of the option to the heirs, so if/when the
buyer exercises the option to purchase, that it is clear who the seller now
will be.??

Thanks

Josh