[WSBARP] General title insurance question

Britt, Christopher christopher at lucentlaw.com
Thu Jan 26 12:27:30 PST 2023

I generally would recommend a policy from a large company (e.g. fidelity
national title insurance, stewart title, etc.).  In my experience, it makes
selling the property much easier than having to stop and correct some minor
issue with title.  The reason for the large company is that some of the
larger guys won't back up to a policy if it is underwritten by a
smaller/regional company.  And this is less legal than it is practical.

Christopher G. Britt, M.A., J.D.

Attorney at Law

1403 S. Grand Blvd., Suite 201-S

Spokane, WA 99203-2278

P: 509.455.3713
D: 509.316.2131
F: +1.509.455.3718 (must dial 1 before area code)

E: *christopher at lucentlaw.com <christopher at lucentlaw.com>*

Web: www.lucentlaw.com