[WSBARP] Evictions - Good Cause

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:19:59 PST 2023

Good Listmates (Happy New Year):  Tenant's ("T") child sticks spoon down toilet and causes multiple upstairs bathroom flooding problems.  Now mold has appeared.  So, before LL comes to me, LL has been paying for alternative housing (over $200 a night) for a couple months for T while walls are ripped out, air quality tests, etc.  T blames LL negligence for everything and, in my opinion, is milking the LL.  T rants and raves so much at contractors that they have walked off the job so the LL can't get the construction job finished.  First Question: is there a way to terminate the Lease based on an emergency flooding?  Second question:  assuming facts are correct and accurate, is this grounds for termination under RCW59.18.650(2)(c)?  Third question, was LL ever responsible for paying for alterative housing?  (T objected to Best Western and LL has now agreed to a full house AirB&B costing megabucks.)  Thank you in advance.  I've never had to address this before and not finding anything on point in the RCWs.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9211E.6FDE5EC0]