[WSBARP] client wants to transfer WA property to Florida land trust

Nestor Gorfinkel nestor at GlcLawyer.com
Fri Dec 22 08:05:11 PST 2023

It seems as if he trying to put title under Florida Statute 689.071. Look at that statute.  Problem is how will Washington State recognize or treat this language. I am not sure you can do it.

Cordially,

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law
Licensed in Florida & Washington State
Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA34C6.BADA7960]

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Chandra Lewnau
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2023 9:26 PM
To: WSBA Real Property Discussion List <WSBARP at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBARP] client wants to transfer WA property to Florida land trust

I've been contacted by a Florida attorney to help a client transfer a Washington property to a Florida land trust. The Florida attorney also wants the deed to include about a page of language that would be extraneous in a Washington deed, but is primarily a list of trustee powers to manage the land and limits on the trustee's liability. Does anyone have any experience with this scenario? Washington is not one of the states with a land trust statute so I do not think the client will get all the benefits of the land trust that they would get for their Florida properties. But I don't see that it is that different from transferring property to the trustee of any valid revocable trust. Any input is appreciated.

Chandra M. Lewnau  |  Attorney
WALL GROUP LAW
51 W. Dayton St., Suite 305  |  Edmonds, WA 98020
Tel 425.670.1560  |  Fax 425.361.1512  | http://www.wallgrouplaw.com<http://www.wallgrouplaw.com/>