[WSBARP] Tax Foreclosure Sale and Personal Property

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:48:18 PST 2023

Thank you for your thoughts.  Chapter 84.64 only discusses the sale of the “real property” and the sale is AS-IS.  The contents of a tax-foreclosed house is not discussed and the multiple definitions of “real property" do not include personal property. A FastCase search was unproductive.   I have read the FAQ of multiple county websites and none discuss the personal property left in the home (other than they cannot give legal advice if the residence is occupied.)  There must be an attorney on this list who has clients who regularly buy tax-foreclosed property to flip and has addressed this issue.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA31C1.3B76C6E0]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.