[WSBARP] Another Deed quandray

Britt, Christopher christopher at lucentlaw.com
Mon Apr 24 16:43:06 PDT 2023

IRC Section 1014(e) prohibits a step up in basis in regards to appreciated
property that was acquired by the decedent via a gift within one year of
their death.

I'm not a tax attorney but there may be additional considerations because
you mentioned that he was terminal.

Christopher G. Britt, M.A., J.D.

Attorney at Law

1403 S. Grand Blvd., Suite 201-S

Spokane, WA 99203-2278

P: 509.455.3713
D: 509.316.2131
F: +1.509.455.3718 (must dial 1 before area code)

E: *christopher at lucentlaw.com <christopher at lucentlaw.com>*

Web: www.lucentlaw.com