[WSBARP] Referral

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Wed Apr 19 09:13:45 PDT 2023

Jan –

            Thank you for letting me know.  Yes, please have your client contact us now and provide us with copied of the documents in which we are named in a fiduciary role.  We have a setup procedure for any client who names us in their documents.  Our goal is to be fully prepared so that we can efficiently administer our role should we be called upon.  When we are named in documents, we set these clients up as “deferred clients” for whom we may, or may not, be providing services at some point in the future.

We like to have deferred clients complete intake information forms relevant to the roles we may possibly fill.  As you can imagine, having them do so dramatically improves our ability to perform efficiently perform those roles, particularly when the client may no longer be able to provide useful, and sometimes critical information.   While we can ultimately figure out any complex situation, having advance information is a big plus.

            We offer in person or zoom meetings for client and do not charge a fee for these meetings or for any part of the set-up process. Your client has no obligation, pays no fees, and can change their minds and adopt a new plan anytime they wish. We don’t start charging any fees until we are performing a fiduciary role.   If they end up changing their mind about their plan, we only ask that they let us know so that we can close the deferred file.

            Our goal is to get to know all clients for whom we may provide services in advance of actually being called upon to provide those services.  Everyone wins with this approach.

            So – yes, please ask your client to contact us.  She/he can contact our intake coordinator, Laurel Grimes, at:   lfg at ohanafc.com<mailto:lfg at ohanafc.com>

            Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Mark

Mark C. Vohr, J.D. CPGC
Ohana Fiduciary Corporation