[WSBARP] PLLC Formation Question

Nick Pleasants npleasants at ohswlaw.com
Wed Apr 12 19:18:30 PDT 2023

RCW 25.15.045 governs PLLC’s. It cross-references Ch. 18.100 RCW, professional service corporations.
RCW 18.100.050(3) allows licensed health care professionals to form a PLLC or PSC. It seems that the medical assistant may be licensed (e.g. HCA, CNA, etc.)
I think the question is whether the medical assistant could render services and charge a fee on her own. My gut says no, but perhaps yes. I think this would need further research around those RCW’s.
I only read up on this because I have done probates for doctors and had to figure out how to windup and sell their practices. Interesting stuff.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Main: (425) 455-3900 | Fax: (425) 455-9201 | E-mail: npleasants at ohswlaw.com<mailto:npleasants at ohswlaw.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to the law firm of Oseran Hahn, P.S., which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.