[WSBARP] Is a manufactured home real property in Wasington?

Joseph McIntosh jmcintosh at McCarthyHolthus.com
Tue Sep 20 13:59:27 PDT 2022

I don’t think it is a fixture, i.e. part of the realty, as long as it is titled with DOL.

You would want to find the DOL title.  If you can’t find it, locate the serial no. and submit an inquiry to DOL for a database search.

If it was de-titled, that recording would have been made with the county.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Kary Krismer
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 1:44 PM
To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Is a manufactured home real property in Wasington?

If title has been eliminated with DOL then it is real property.  Otherwise it is either personal property or perhaps a fixture.

Kary L. Krismer

206 723-2148
On 9/20/2022 1:35 PM, sdonahue at sdonahuelaw.com<mailto:sdonahue at sdonahuelaw.com> wrote:
I have a dissolution where a manufactured home is community property.  It sits on the H’s parents property.  It is permanently sitting on the property.  I understand that various jurisdictions have various requirements to consider a manufactured home real property, but I don’t know what Washington statutes require.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I posed this question to the DRAW list serve because I’d also like to know what difference it may make in dividing the community property if it is real property or not.

Thank you,

Susan

SUSAN DONAHUE
Law Office of Susan Donahue