[WSBARP] Can a Party serve the 14 Day Notice to Pay or Vacate?

Kelby Derenick kelby at derenicklaw.com
Tue Sep 20 12:51:36 PDT 2022

I have always had clients serve their own notices without any issues.  The
statutes do not require that the notices be served by a third party.
However, it would probably be beneficial to have a third party serve the
notices because if a Defendant claims that notice was never served at a
future hearing, having someone other than the Plaintiff file a declaration
stating that service was in fact completed would help. But I don't think it
is required that a third party serve the notices.

Kelby J. Derenick
Attorney

*10018 Greenwood Ave. N*
*Seattle, WA 98133*
*Ph. (206) 659-5061*

*14 E. Main Street, Suite 207*
*Walla Walla, WA 99362*
*Ph: (509) 676-9805 *

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail message contains information
that (a) is or may be legally privileged, confidential, proprietary in
nature, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and (b) is intended
only for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not the
intended recipient, an addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
this to an addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying,
or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this electronic mail message in error, please contact me
immediately and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely
from your computer system.  Thank you.