[WSBARP] Grant of Easement - Death of One Spouse

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 06:59:50 PDT 2022

Which gives rise to the question, shouldn't this be an insured
transaction?  I've never thought about something like that before, but
when you're dealing with that many parties IF title insurance is
available, seemingly it would be prudent to get it.  And IF they do
insure such transactions, then you could ask the title examiner what
they require.

But yes, I do like this answer.  I once had a real estate client
unexpectedly die on a listing the day an offer was coming in.  The
buyer's agent was old-school and wanted to present the offer directly to
my widow client.  I had a hard time convincing her that she should wait
at least a day.  The death didn't slow anything down at all on the
transaction.  Just a affidavit of lack of probate was required.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148