[WSBARP] Amending UDA Complaint

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Wed Sep 7 11:39:07 PDT 2022

Prior counsel filed a UDA, in 2021 using, first, a three-day notice to pay
rent or vacate, then a ten-day notice.  The proceeding was delayed, not
because of the notices, but because the State had yet to fund the court
appointed attorneys for indigent tenants.  Subsequently, prior to my
involvement, in the probate for the landlord, the personal representative,
in 2022, served the 14 day notice to pay or vacate with the required ERPP
notices and served the Dispute Resolution Center.  Subsequently, we received
the Dispute Resolution Certificate.  Question, can I amend the prior
pleadings, rather than start a new UDA?  Its interesting to note, the Tenant
did not respond to the initial complaint.  An alleged caregiver did respond
asserting the right to stay on the property.  The caregiver, I guess, would
fall under the "any other occupant" part of the complaint, so any amendment
would require a notice and hearing.   Any thoughts?

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.