[WSBARP] Document Rejections

Dwight Bickel dwight at dwightbickel.com
Tue Oct 25 15:32:19 PDT 2022

The real property lawyers are tiring of the document rejections for a wide variety of opinions from whoever is at the desk at the time. The Auditors are actually interested to compile these examples.

There is now a "Document Rejections Commission" with Auditors and some title company representatives. Vicky Dalton (Spokane Auditor) has been a long-time friend of the real property lawyers and title companies, actively assisting for legislative fixes. I think the real property section should be working with her to propose legislative solutions.

Examples would be helpful. I don't mean the real estate excise tax rejections; I mean the Auditors' document rejections and required corrections to comply with their opinions of the moment. Many are due to the frustrating failure of us lawyers to comply with the document recording standards. I suggest looking at these and modifying your forms so the proper information is on the first page, then you can avoid the cover page that causes its own problems.

Dwight A. Bickel
Real Property Title Advisor
Washington Title Professional
Dwight at DwightBickel.com<mailto:Dwight at DwightBickel.com>
https:/dwightbickel.com