[WSBARP] Scrivenor's Error on Deed

Roger Hawkes roger at skyvalleylawyers.com
Tue Nov 1 16:56:05 PDT 2022

Wise mother😊

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Shaun Watchie Perry
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 4:39 PM
To: WSBA Real Property Listserv <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Scrivenor's Error on Deed

OK- here's my 2 cents after 41 years of practice: I would re-record to correct real property address. Literally type that at the top of a certified copy of the recorded deed.  Pay the recording fees. Let the client know. It's a little embarrassing but if it helps you sleep better at night, it's well worth it. Clients do appreciate candor. If this is the worst thing you ever do, count yourself lucky. We are too darn hard on ourselves. If there is title insurance, get an endorsement. Believe me, corrected deeds to correct scriveners deeds are done ALL THE TIME. As my late mother used to say, " Shame on you for being human..."

-Shaun
---

PLEASE NOTE THAT EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2022, I HAVE MOVED MY OFFICE  AND CAN BE REACHED AT THE FOLLOWING NEW ADDRESS:

LAW OFFICE OF SHAUN WATCHIE PERRY
PO BOX 348
GRAPEVIEW, WA 98546-0348

(TELEPHONE, FAX,  EMAIL, and WEB PAGE  remain the same):

Tel +206.729.7442   |  Fax + 206.260.1411<tel:206.260.1411>  | Email: shaunwperry at swp-law.com<mailto:shaunwperry at swp-law.com> | Web Page: www.swp-law.com<http://www.swp-law.com/>

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged information. If the reader of this e-mail is not the addressee, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please call immediately 206-729-7442  and return this e-mail to the above e-mail address and delete from your files.