[WSBARP] Belated DRC Certificate

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Wed Mar 23 16:35:55 PDT 2022

Good afternoon, listmates:

Way back in November 2021, a landlord client timely served a 14-Day Notice, Offer of Repayment, and ERPP Notice on Tenant, and provided same to DRC. DRC only just provided the certificate on 3/20/22. The certificate states that attempts by DRC to contact Tenant were made on 11/17/21, 12/17/21, and 12/23/21. Nearly four months have elapsed in the meantime.

I am concerned by the long delay, where four additional months of rent have since accrued.

Do you think I should be concerned? Or has my client complied with 59.18.630 and 59.18.660?

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:brian at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362

Visit our website at hawklaw.biz<http://www.hawklaw.biz/>.

This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.