[WSBARP] Hawaii divorce w/ Wash property

Jennifer Tengono jennifer at srwattorney.com
Thu Mar 10 12:34:43 PST 2022

Not that it would necessarily help in this matter, but have you considered a quiet title action forcing the court to make a decision regarding ownership of the property using the Hawaii divorce decree as support for your client’s claims?

Also, I don’t know if you have tried searching for the former husband, but familytreenow.com often has a lot of current information on individuals and its free. You only need a first and last name and a city/state they have lived at to do a search. You could even search with your client’s name and see if her former spouse is listed among her known associates (its scary how much information this site has). It has current information including address, email, and telephone numbers. If you can find him, you can reach out and see if he’d execute a quitclaim deed to her.

My firm does not handle family law cases, but in the few instances where we have for uncontested divorces, we usually include a quitclaim deed conveying the spouse’s ownership interest to the other spouse among the various documents that get executed so that it gets taken care of in as timely a manner as possible from the date the decree is awarded.

Respectfully,

Jennifer Tengono

Associate Attorney

Susan R. Wilson

Attorney at Law, PLLC

208 S. Main St. Ste 2

Moscow, ID 83843

lawfirm at srwattorney.com <mailto:lawfirm at srwattorney.com>

Office: 208-882-8060

Fax: 866-221-9397

This electronic communication may contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510 and 2521 and may be legally privileged. This message and any associated files are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or the files associated herewith, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify Susan R. Wilson, Attorney at Law, immediately by telephone at 208-882-8060 and destroy the original message.