[WSBARP] Electronic notary for overseas party?

Nestor Gorfinkel esq at gorfinkel-law.com
Thu Mar 10 08:52:32 PST 2022

My response is yes. Florida has had an electronic notary procedure (RON) in place since 1/1/2020. I am not an electronic notary, but used them as well as a Virginia RON (for non US Residents) very frequently.
The Florida law and I don't see how Washington would be different, requires only the notary to be physically present in the State of Florida when the act is performed. I have participated with clients signing in far away places like Siberia and Argentina and the act is valid and granted full faith and credit in all states.

I have had several Washington State Deeds or other instruments signed by a Florida RON with clients sitting in Washington State and never had an issue getting the document recorded.

Cordially,

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law
Licensed in Florida & Washington State
Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D83475.5282EE40]

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.