[WSBARP] Urgent question for u/d hearing

Gwendolyn Cornwell Gwendolyn at glgmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:25:13 PDT 2022

All,

I have a u/d hearing on Thursday.  This afternoon the tenant's attorney served and filed the answer, which throws everything at us.
One of the defenses is that our 90-day notice, which included several named tenants and "All other occupants" was personally served on one of the unnamed tenants and therefore required mailing.
I had the idea that mailing is only required if the notice is served on "a suitable person" who is not a tenant as well.  My question is, when serving multiple tenants, is it sufficient to serve one tenant with all copies, or does that require mailing as well?
Is there anything to cite to on this?

Thank you!

Gwendolyn Cornwell
Attorney