[WSBARP] Tenant Jeopardizing Sale of Estate Real Property

Thomas Fiscus tjf at thomasjfiscus.net
Tue Jul 5 17:08:47 PDT 2022

Hi Listmates - Administrator of intestate estate with several heirs is in escrow for the sale of a piece of residential real property which has been rented to tenant in month to month tenancy for a number of years.  Administrator gave the tenant written notice in March that the property was for sale and that Administrator was terminating the tenancy effective June 30.  Administrator subsequently notified tenant that buyers wanted to move into the apartment he rents.  Closing is (was) set for July 7.  Tenant repeatedly told Administrator he would be out by June 30.  He has not moved out and the buyers are getting shaky about the sale (it appears that the tenant has been undermining the sale all along and is attempting to prevent the sale from going through).  This is not a regular area of my practice, but I'm prepared to file an unlawful detainer action seeking restitution of the property to the estate under RCW 59.12.030(2) and RCW 59.18.650 (d) and (e).  My question is whether or not there is any sort of expedited process for such an action that I can access to help save the real estate transaction.  Any thoughts are appreciated.
Kind regardsTom Fiscus
Law Office of Thomas J. Fiscus
Box 1167Eastsound, WA 98245Ph 360-376-3988
WSBA # 44741
The contents of thise-mail and its attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s).  Inaddition, this e-mail transmission may be confidential and may be subject toprivilege protecting communications between attorneys and clients.  If youare not the named addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you inerror, you are directed not to read, disclose, reproduce, distribute,disseminate or otherwise use this transmission.  Delivery of this messageto any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any wayto waive privilege or confidentiality.  If you have received thistransmission in error, please alert the sender by reply e-mail.  TreasuryCircular 230 requires that we inform you that any statements regarding tax mattersmade herein, including attachments, cannot be relied upon for the purpose ofavoiding tax penalties, and such statements are not intended to be used orreferred to in any marketing or promotional materials