[WSBARP] USA / Mexico and Wills

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Wed Jan 19 13:10:51 PST 2022

I think this is the right answer.  Texas would give full faith and credit
to a Mexican Will if the Mexican Will is done correctly.

However, I am reminded of sailors and soldiers who make their Wills while
abroad.  If these clients here have two witnesses and a Notary for the
witnesses it should be good.  My only reservation is that it would be a
Mexican Notario.

Any more comments will be appreciated.

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law