[WSBARP] The fun begins with Landlord-Tenant

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Fri Jan 7 09:51:37 PST 2022

In Spokane County at the ‘first’ appearance (initial show cause) the court
will automatically grant a two-week continuance if requested for RTC
attorney on boarding and appearance.   The assigned UDT judge pushes back
hard on any additional continuances unless stipulated  but for
extraordinary circumstances.

It’s been awhile but twice I have had “I can’t find new housing’ argument
successfully argued by tenant's counsel which resulted in the court
essentially giving the tenant several extra months before the writ would
automatically issue.  With the Spokane residential market being on fire
plus literally zero vacancies I could see the argument even having more
legs with the court.

Attorney Robert R Rowley

W: (509) 252-5074

M: (509) 994-1143