[WSBARP] Referral needed RE Transfer of interest in property (King County)

Nancy Lee nancy at nancyleelaw.comcastbiz.net
Fri Jan 7 09:29:43 PST 2022

Thank-you for the reply Kristi.  I agree Katie Marrs is fantastic!  To clarify, I'm really looking for someone not so much to consult on the Medicaid aspect, but rather an attorney who can assist with appropriately transferring the property interest.  It's not just having someone draw up a deed, but rather someone who can review what documentation the client has that supports her assertion that she is entitled to have that interest transferred to her without it being considered a "gift" or self-dealing.  This might require some type of confirmation through the court - I'm not sure.  I need to be arms-length on this and am hoping there is an attorney who is comfortable with assisting in resolving this for the client.  Because the client is also the agent for the principals, who are incapacitated, this needs to proceed with that also in mind, and any potential assertions of self-dealing or shenanigans properly addressed and incorporated into the solution.

Best,
Nancy

Nancy J. Lee
Attorney at Law