[WSBARP] house provided as condition of employment

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:02:47 PST 2022

Listmates,  I thought I saw something posted along these lines a while back but can't seem to locate the thread.  Employer provides a house for bad employee/caretaker to live in at no charge.  Bad employee is supposed to maintain the property, collect rents from additional tenants etc.  Client wants to terminate the employment, demand an accounting and get the guy to move out.  My client is a non-English speaking person that lives on the other side of the planet. It goes without saying that there is no contract and no written agreement. Bad manager talked the client into firing the professional management company and let him move into the house and " run the business"  My client has not seen a  dime of rent nor had any accounting for repairs etc.  If we formally terminate him what would the notice requirements be for moving out?  IS " labor" considered " rent "  so we have a LLT relationship requiring " cause"? Permissive use now revoked so we are under 59.12?  The thread I recall seemed to have a magic bullet for this scenario.  I appreciate all comments and assistance.   Craig

GOURLEY LAW GROUP
THE EXCHANGE CONNECTION
SNOHOMISH ESCROW
P.O. Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
PH:  (360) 568-5065 (800) 291-8401
Fax: (360) 568-8092

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged, confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please contact sender and delete all copies.