[WSBARP] Tenant refusing to allow realtor to show property

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 06:51:33 PDT 2022

Putting legal issues aside, as a real estate broker I would usually
advise having a tenant in a listing is a terrible idea, unless the
tenant is unusually cooperative.  It is generally better to wait until
they vacate the property so that the property can be seen by as many
buyers as possible.  That will typically get you a better price due to
the property being seen by more buyers.

Currently, however, the market is clearly declining, so there's that.
Personally I would still wait.  Absent huge rate increases the decrease
in value will probably be less than the reduction in price from having a
tenant in place.  But then I predicted years ago that a pandemic would
hurt Seattle real estate prices.  ;-)

Kary L. Krismer
John L. Scott, Inc.
206 723-2148