[WSBARP] Estate question

Nick Pleasants npleasants at ohswlaw.com
Wed Aug 3 10:25:21 PDT 2022

Cf. RCW 30A.22.100<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=30A.22.100>
If one child was made a joint owner of the bank account for mere convenience (something akin to acting under a Power of Attorney), then you can argue that the joint ownership should not vest and it should instead vest to the estate for equal distribution to all children.

Otherwise I generally agree that a beneficiary designation will control instead of a Will.

Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004