[WSBARP] SOL for Challenges to CC&R's adopted or amended in the early 1980's

Ryan P. Coon cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Wed Sep 29 11:48:26 PDT 2021

List mates,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any leads on what, if any, the time
limitations are on actions challenging CC&R's adopted or amended in the
early 1980's. I know the Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act provides
for a 1-year statute of limitations but that appears not to apply
actions prior to July 1, 2018 nor to associations not formed or amended
since July 1, 2018.

I couldn't find anything helpful in the old HOA statute. Also if it
helps, the challenge relates to whether required votes/signatures were
obtained.

6 year SOL for written contracts? 2 year SOL for relief not otherwise
provided for?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

--

Very Truly Yours,

Ryan P. Coon

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

//

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.