[WSBARP] Valuing a Life Estate Interest

deborah at neillaw.com deborah at neillaw.com
Thu Sep 16 11:10:34 PDT 2021

Hello,

I have a situation where a person has a life estate in property held by a trust.  The additional money in the trust is not sufficient to pay for the property long-term and the trustee is considering selling the property.  As a part of that transaction, we would want to know the value of the life estate interest so we could reach some agreement with the beneficiaries (post life estate).

I saw something on the internet about valuing a life estate, but I thought it would be wise to see if anyone has a person or chart to recommend for valuing life estates.

Thank you.

Deborah Jameson
(Pronouns: she/her/hers)

Neil & Neil, P.S.
5302 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA  98408
253-475-8600
253-473-5746 FAX

If your matter is urgent, please call my office.  Also, this message is not encrypted and it may not be secure or protected by attorney-client privilege.