[WSBARP] Transfer Subsidiary LLC to Parent LLC - Process?

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 09:20:39 PDT 2021

Rob:

I can’t tell from the narrative exactly what is being done here. Are these two LLCs with dirt and identical Members wanting to become a single LLC?

If so, I’ve always done a statutory merger. Then the transaction is exempt from the REET under either the “no ownership change” rule or (as I recall) the “exempt under the IRC” rule.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=25.15.416

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone