[WSBARP] California Trust in Washington

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Fri Sep 10 18:56:18 PDT 2021

John:

So this is still a revocable trust.  What you are saying is to amend the
Trust to change the situs and applicable law to Washington State, since
that is where she intends to live forever.

A simple amendment, then, changing the situs?  And, of course, deeding the
property to the existing Trust.

Good.

Jim Doran

P.S. Caveat:  your sentiments about the "other attoney's work" makes me
think about how simple the Washington probate process is and whether she
needs a RLT at all. But Californians have been sold on the RLT for 25
year.
James R. Doran
Attorney at Law
100 E. Pine Street -  Suite 205