[WSBARP] Property in Name of LLC?

rpampell at swcp.com rpampell at swcp.com
Thu Sep 2 14:32:13 PDT 2021

Sure, if the parties are willing to do correction deeds and that is
consistent with their intention as to the ownership of the properties, that
would be appropriate.

But it looks to me, given the language of the operating agreement, that the
forms of conveyance were consistent with the intent of the agreement.  The
provision in the operating agreement does seem pretty clear, and I can't
think of any reason why it can't authorize this.  Nominee arrangements have
been used extensively in deeds of trust (with varying results for other
reasons) and are quite common in the oil and gas industry.

I wonder why the title officer balked at the deeds?  Maybe it is because
nominee arrangements are sometimes done in anticipation of subsequent
transfers of the properties being held?  If the deeds had said "to Mom, as
trustee" for a different trust, would he have the same reaction?

Bob Pampell