[WSBARP] Equitable Title as Defense to Eviction

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:47:13 PDT 2021

Listmates. Family has bankruptcy so can't get loan to buy house.  So Mom pays down payment and takes title to residence.  Mom in one bedroom and family in rest of house.  Family has paid all mortgage payments and spent money in fixing, repairing, and improving the residence.  Mom now is trying to evict family based on sharing a portion of the residence under new RCW 59.18.650.  I have been spinning my wheels in research regarding defending against a UD action with claims of an equitable interest in the residence.  Is there a seminal case on the establishment of equitable interest in a residence based on expenditures by the parties.

[Paul A_ Neumiller]