[WSBARP] Notice Requirements under RCW 59.18.650(2)(n)(i)

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Tue Nov 2 09:24:32 PDT 2021

Listmates,

I am trying to clarify (in my head) the number of days "notice to comply"
with a tenant's violation of either a lease term or the tenant's duties
under RCW 59.18.130.  [this is to invoke the 4 violation notices termination
provision under RCW 59.18.650(2)(n)(i).

For violations of lease terms, and some of the duties under RCW 59.18.130,
it appears the tenant should be given a ten-day notice to cure or comply
under RCW 59.12.030(4).  I am assuming violations under RCW 59.18.130(4) and
(5) [destruction to property, nuisance and waste] only require a three-day
notice under RCW 59.12.030(5).  However, what is the number of day notice
for violations under RCW 59.18.130(8) [activity imminently hazardous to
safety of others and/or assault]?  Would this be a no notice requirement,
which, I believe, is the rule for violations of RCW 59.18.130(9) as set
forth in RCW 59.12.030(7).

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email:  <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com> jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.